Prepping for a children's party: Selina Barbara turns 1


After 8 months, I finally had the chance to finalize the photos from my daughter's PRE-birthday shoot (with an emphasis on “PRE”), and actual birthday photos. Talk about time management (LOL). Arranging for her party drove me crazeey! But, looking at it now, albeit tiring, it was super fun and memorable. Though I failed to include the classic 'Titos and Titas' games like Trip to Jerusalem, hitting the piƱata, and Pin-the-Donkey, I ensured that while there were many activities for the kids, there is also equal opportunity for the adults to mingle as well. This means NO loud, boisterous music (LOL). For those who are still trying to figure out what to do for their kid’s party, here’s how I did ours. Sharing with you my suppliers, too!


If you lack the time and energy to organize the event yourself, I would suggest arranging the venue in a restaurant that offers a complete package: from free usage of their well-decorated venue, to providing you with the party host, program, giveaways and most importantly—the food. If not, you may also opt for a party organizer. It may be costly, but hey, no headaches!

My husband and I decided to organize it ourselves. So for convenience, we selected to hold the party at the Metropolitan Club in Makati. Aside from the familiarity with the admin and venue, it’s only a few minutes away from our house. Another good thing with holding the venue in a country club is that they only charge you with the food rate per head, and the first 3-hours of function room usage is considered free. That’s savings for me!

While the country club provided dressed tables and chairs, platform and sound system, we sought the services of Nalical Party Needs for balloons and draping. Their packages are very reasonable, plus, since they also did my daughter's baptismal arrangement, they provided me with free face paint for everyone to enjoy!



 
Food - Metropolitan Country Club, Potato Corner, Ice Cream Sorbetes
We decided to have 2 menus: 1 for the children, and 1 for adults. And, in addition to the buffet, we also had 2 food carts: dirty ice cream and --- Potato Corner! Yes, these are my personal favorites. Come on, who doesn’t have a knack for those, right? And, to keep everyone in the mood for chitchat, I had my own candy corner set-up, and each table had batman canisters which are filled with snacks. I bought the goods in Farmers, Cubao and it was just around 3,000 pesos worth. It was surprisingly very plenty that we were able to give away some to guests after the party.
Classic Favorites: Sorbetes and Potato Corner


As you would notice, I am pretty much your loyal customer for as long as you provide a good experience. For the cake, aside from knowing this talented cake maker (she's an architect by the way, which makes her extremely good in details), she also did my daughter's baptismal cake. This time around, I requested for a batgirl customized theme cake, and viola! She never disappoints. Awesome design + deliciously baked cake (I promise you, the cake itself is sooooooo good!) = happy customer!
Look, my cake topper looks like me!

Program - Color Play Happy
Ever since taking the plunge into motherhood, I have been in constant search for some peace and quiet. I also missed catching up with old friends. So in order to do both the catching up and partying, I decided to provide subtle kiddie activities like arts and crafts, playdough workshops and storytelling. Among the suppliers I saw from Facebook and Instagram, I learned that ColorPlayHappy provides home made, non-toxic clay and craft materials especially designed to fit your desired theme. To add, their facilitators are teachers-- which meant they know how exactly how to relate with children. 

Home made arts and crafts




Storytelling with Teacher
Photo/Videographer/Photobooth - Life's Moment's Photography, Xpressions Photobooth
I personally think this is very important. Life's Moments Photography did my daughter’s baptism and translated captured moments perfectly. So we decided to get them again, but this time around, we had a pre-birthday shoot, which was super fun! We took care of the venue, clothes and props. They were so awesome with my daughter, she was laughing the entire time. Such a breezy photo shoot indeed! For the photobooth, we wanted to make it functional so all photos were printed on a magnetic sheet so guests can use it as ref magnets!


Give-aways and Prizes/Loot Bags - DIY
To make spending worth it, I decided to go for pillows as souvenirs so it won’t get thrown out after the party. Who doesn’t loooooove snuggling pillows, right??? As for the prizes and loot bags for the children, we brought from Divisoria an assortment of crayons, note pad, bubble maker, and some small wooden toys and puzzles.


Since I'm working full time, another important consideration when getting the suppliers (aside from cost ofcourse), is their availability online, and mode of payment because I did ALL transactions online.

Whew! I hope this helps! <3 nbsp="" p="">

Comments

Popular Posts